Medela has carried out comprehensive examination of published literature. The resulting reviews highlight up-to-date and evidence-based
- methods to support human milk feeding and breastfeeding in the NICU.
- procedures to support the development of comprehensive and standardized logistical processes for human milk handling in the NICU.
- measures to support safe and hygienic human milk management in the NICU.
Order now (NEW): Download form
Study abstract papers
The study abstract papers provide the scientific and clinical context to specific process and product innovations. By summarising, analysing and explaining clinical research, they help to set the right expectations when implementing a new procedure or technology.
These brochures are an overview of Medela’s NICU solutions and aim to support NICU professionals with
- optimal evidence-based solutions for each situation alongside the infant’s feeding development progression.
- an overview of evidence-based logistical procedures for handling human milk in the NICU, and of how Medela’s solutions can support and help to standardise this human milk pathway.
- with evidence-based solutions when it comes to the safe and hygienic handling of human milk.
Infographics allow readers to rapidly grasp the essential information by explaining complex concepts using graphics. Visual representations of data sets and instructive materials are a quick way for audiences of all levels to learn about topics such as breastfeeding behaviour.
Download our infographics from education materials
Posters and DVDs
Medela supports numerous research projects. Posters and DVDs highlight the most significant outcomes of these projects, including the science of infant sucking and breast milk removal.
Download our posters from education materials
NICU knowledge transfer events
Medela organises a variety of symposia on different topics around human milk and preterm infants as regional stand-alone events or as part of national conferences.
Medela’s most important event is the annual International Breastfeeding and Lactation Symposium. Through this symposium, Medela makes knowledge directly accessible to practitioners including neonatal doctors and nurses. The Symposium is a platform for internationally renowned researchers to provide insights into their current research findings in three key areas:
- the latest recommendations for research-based practice
- the unique components of human milk
- the value of human milk in the NICU
More information about NICU knowledge transfer events