JCI Whitepaper Summary
How to optimize fluid waste management
Medical suction and fluid waste management: Risks and how to mitigate them.
Safety made easy
Medela`s Disposable Fluid Collection System supports the safe collection and disposal of suctioned fluids. All liners are equipped with multiple safety features such as an overflow and bacteria filter, a smoke pre-filter and a non-return valve to prevent back-flow. The hard-top lid seals precisely and immediately enable operation at low noise levels. Because the vacuum is automatically attached to the liner through the jar, no extra vacuum tubing needs to be connected with every liner exchange.
Set-ups with switch-over valve or serial connection enable handling of large volumes. The liners are made of non-toxic materials and can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly way.
Benefits of Disposable Fluid Collection System
- Low noise emission significantly reduces disturbance in the operating room
- Easy, smooth, single-handed operation
- Support to optimise safety and hygiene
- Full, compatible accessories range
- With 50dB measured at 1m distance, Medela's liners are up to four times quieter than comparable models1.
- The vacuum is immediately applied through the hard-top lids, which snap onto the jar easily and are a perfect fit.
- The large liner handles, V-shaped jars and the jar's locking clasp enable single-handed operation.
- Thanks to the automatic vacuum connection through the jar, no extra tubing needs to be connected every time.
- Closed system with high-flow bacteria (99.999% retention1) and overflow filter, smoke pre-filter and patient backflow valve.
- Double layered, highly burst-resistant1 PA/PE foil ensures optimum protection.
- Optional solidifier models eliminate the risk of spilling and may reduce cost of disposal2.
- Medela offers a full range of compatible accessories such as reusable jars, vacuum tubing, filters, specimen cups, patient tubings and carousel trolley.