Thopaz+ product video
Improving outcomes and streamlining care - clinically proven
Currently about 85% of all thoracic chest drainage is managed by traditional systems using external support like wall suction on immobilised patients. This method allows for a subjective assessment of parenchymal leakage only and places the burden of monitoring duties on the medical staff.
The use of modern chest drainage systems from Medela, has been clinically proven to provide cost reductions by streamlining surgical care and post-procedural monitoring of patient status.
In close collaboration with medical experts and based on clinical research, Medela continues to set standards in modern chest drainage therapy.
Benefits of Thopaz+
The digital technology used in Thopaz+ allows medical staff to monitor patients and record key therapeutic indicators such as air leak, fluid drainage and intrapleural pressure. Real-time recording of objective data allows the medical team to streamline care delivery and improve patient outcomes.
- Electronically measure and record all key parameters used in chest drainage management
- Select optimal level of patient chest pressure
- Ease of use streamlines surgical care for doctors and provide convenience for nurses and hospital staff
- Improves patient satisfaction and comfort by providing full mobility with quiet pump operation
- Reduces patient length of stay in hospital and helps to control costs
Early decision making using objective real-time data.
Greater convenience for doctors and nursing staff alike due to regulated pressure and early warning of potential backflow.
Compact, hygienic and easy-to-clean system offering intuitive operation and handling
Lightweight design and rechargeable batteries enhance patient satisfaction allowing full mobility.
Medela offers a complete range of disposables and accessories for Thopaz+